When a physical condition or injury affects mobility or quality of life, there is one goal: A rapid return to every-day activities.
MLS Laser Therapy is an advanced laser technology that works to eliminate pain and reduce inflammation in the body in a safe, painless, and non-invasive way. This therapy utilizes dual wavelengths of infrared light to penetrate deep into the tissue and stimulate regeneration at the cellular level.
There are no known side-effects! Laser therapy is cleared by the FDA and is safe and effective.
We are proud to be on the medical technological forefront by offering MLS Laser Therapy. We have invested in the very best technology as a key component of our continuing quest to offer you the finest in health care.
MLS Laser Therapy does not require the use of drugs or surgery, there are no known side effects, and it is quick and convenient. According to studies performed by top academic institutions, such as Harvard University, laser therapy is equal to or more effective than other forms of therapy.
No, laser therapy does not hurt. There is little or no sensation during treatment.
The length of a typical treatment session is 10 to 15 minutes. However, it depends on the size of the area being treated. Treatments are usually received 2-3 times a week. Treatment plans are determined on an individual basis.
The number of treatments depends on the nature of the condition being treated. The typical course of treatment takes between 8 to 16 visits.
You may feel improvement to your condition after 1 to 3 treatments. For some more chronic conditions, it may take up to 6 visits to feel the benefits of laser therapy. Not everyone responds to laser therapy in the same way.
MLS Laser Therapy is about healing. With MLS Laser Therapy, we are not masking or covering up a condition, but rather, treating the root of your pain and inflammation. Because of this, many patients have seen long-term results.
Yes, MLS Laser Therapy is sometimes more effective when combined with other forms of therapy, including physical therapy, regenerative injections, massage, soft tissue mobilization, electrotherapy, shockwave therapy and immediately after surgery.
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle heal- ing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine- triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Call 941.924.8777 or contact the FLOFAC office to set up your initial consult to learn more about this life-changing treatment. While laser therapy is not yet covered by traditional insurance, it is affordable to most patients. We also offer post-operative packages as well as single sessions for many patients who desire those options. Additionally, patients may use their FSA and HSA funds to pay for the laser therapy.
Q: What are some common indications for MLS laser therapy?
A: The most common MLS Laser Therapy indications are tendon and ligament pain, degenerative joint disease, neuropathy, arthritic conditions, muscular/skeletal system trauma, wounds/ulcers, and inflammatory conditions.
Q: How soon do patients see or feel results?
A: Results are very often felt after the first treatment. Most conditions have protocols that range from 6-10 treatments for acute conditions and 14-16 for chronic/nerve related issues. The treatments are cumulative and should be delivered 2-3 times per week for 2-4 weeks.
Q: How does it work?
A: Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete. There is often no need for follow up laser treatments.
Q: What can I expect during a treatment?
A: MLS Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 8 minutes per treatment area. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application. The laser light must have direct access to the area being treated (clothes may not be between laser beam and treatment area).
Q: What can I expect after a treatment?
A: Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatment being 6 to 12 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of many symptoms. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments (once per month, for example, after the initial treatment program). The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by your provider, or symptoms are likely to reoccur.
Q: Is MLS laser therapy FDA approved?
A: Yes, the FDA has approved the use of MLS Laser Therapy and it is also patented via the U.S. Patent Office.
Q: What is the advantage of MLS laser thearpy over traditional low level laser therapy (LLLT)?
A: MLS Laser Therapy is able to induce strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema, and analgesic effects simultaneously and within a short period of time. LLLT cannot achieve these results because of the limitations of using one or two wavelengths that are not synchronized. The patented control system that generates the MLS pulse synchronizes the emissions to achieve results previously unattainable. Thanks to this characteristic synchronization, the various therapeutic effects not only take place at the same time but reciprocally reinforce each other.
Q: How was MLS laser therapy developed and tested?
A: MLS Laser Therapy has been developed and tested following a strict course of biomedical and clinical research. The effectiveness of the combination of the emissions making up the MLS pulse was initially tested in vitro on cellular cultures, then in vivo on animals, and finally by means of controlled clinical trials run by major state-of-the-art health organizations for treating traumatic and degenerative diseases.
Q: What are some of the benefits of MLS Laser Therapy?
A: Rapid relief of many symptoms without the chronic use of prescription medications; Strong anti-inflammatory effect; Non-surgical treatment; No negative side effects; Timely healing of sprains & strains; Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region; Rapid resolution of swollen areas; Immediate improvement of local blood circulation; Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers.
Q: Where can I find out more?
A: There are many options; CELasers.com is a wonderful resource. You may also contact us at 941.924.8777 or www.FLOFAC.com. If you are going to search Google or YouTube, make sure you are looking specifically at information pertaining to MLS 6 laser therapy, as there are many different lasers on the market, focused on different effects and benefits with different clinical data and results.